• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Preparing Driftwood

Hi guys, I managed to score some great driftwood at the beach yesterday after some stormy weather. I don't have a container large enough to fully soak/boil some of it so was wondering if power steaming would work or not?

If not has anyone got any suggestions? the bath is out of the question, my wife would kill me.

9580144924_175596c5d6_c.jpg

I'm normally pretty gung ho about adding wood to tanks, but I'd probably want to give those a good soak if they've come out of the sea. I'm sure you could buy a cheap rubbish bin of a suitable size for a few quid and keep it out of the way somewhere.
Never thought of using a bin! I have one spare that I can use thats been used to store cat litter for the past year. Cheers for that

Well its been soaking with the occasional turn in peroxide laced water which started as boiling from the pan since Sunday ready for tomorrows start on the re-scape, so should be good to go by now.

Back