• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Pressurized CO2 controlled by a pH controller h24?

riioKen

Hi guys,

I have a Dutch style tank, I have just bought pH controller (JBL proflora CO2 control). I had the solenoid valve on a timer before, but now I have attached it to this Jbl proflora (as probe I use bluelab pH probe)

I have set up the Jbl proflora to reach 1.4 drop. Is it ok to leave it on all the day? If nothing go bad (if have alarm set if the pH swing more of 0,2 than a fixed value) is it ok to leave it h24 on, and let the controller managing the CO2?

It’ll likely inject CO2 overnight as well.
Yes I know, it will inject lower amount due to low consumption by plants but the true question is, if the level aren't toxic for fish, will around 30ppm h24 bother them?

From what I’ve read, it used to be very common for people to run CO2 24 hours a day prior to solenoid valves becoming more accessible to prevent CO2 wastage. Your PH controller is going to control the amount of CO2 in the tank rather than a timer so I would say the lack of a PH swing overnight and stability would probably actually be better for your livestock (assuming they like the conditions you’re providing).

Back