• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Problem with SAE

alzak

Hi

I notice today that my 14 SAE do not eat any more algae and they start to eat my moss there is anything what I can do with this ??

The thing is I really like my moss which grown on big part of my redmoor there is no chance that I get rid of moss there is any type of moss which is not in SAE menu??

Thanks Albert

mine love willow,flame and java moss,shred it :lol: .don't seem to touch my peacock though.

mine never touched my mosses.
i know SAE's get lazy when they get older and dont forage for algae as much so moss is an easy meal.
have you tried vaeying the diet at all, with wafers etc? to try to wein them off the moss.

i think they will eat pretty much all kinds. they only other method is you swap yours for some younger ones (if yours are adults)

Hi

some of them are adults and few young I try to give the old ones back to shop not really want to do this as they are nice fish and like how they swim together but have no choice

I already feed them using some wafers and dry food but moss taste much better for them unfortunately

Back