• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Proper attempt

I bet you open all your presents on Christmas eve :stop:
Yup thats me:D:D
Anyway...
Day 24:
10209455793_ee87acdcb4_c.jpg

Inline atomizer sorted, consideried replacing the green outlet pipe with glass one. I am quite happy with my spraybar at the moment so the idea of replacing it with lilly pipe is being postponed.
Plants are defo showing nice grow. Bought some new plants which were planted at the back of the tank:
- Alternathera Rosanervig (behind the stones atm)
- Bacopa Caroliniana (left corner)
- Hygrophila corymbosa (right corner)

Had a little flood last night when removed the check valve from CO2 line, started leaking from the solenoid, joy.

Lukasz

Sorted boys. Had to put an extreme dose of pressure to let it through for the first time, also I have changed the plastic clips for proper jubilee clips.
Getting beautiful fine bubbles everywhere now.

Now then, should I fire up the second bulb?
Fitted mine last night after a pre use clean, I had a good burst of bubbles on testing so ran it for a few minutes before lowering the bubble count and setting the timer for today.
I now have not much happening as yourself:-/ checked for leaks and all fine, pressure from JBL reg is 3 bar and bubble count is approx 5 per second, will try the jubilee clips but it's odd that it seemed fine last night.

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

Hello
Day 30:
10381601365_52090ab384_c.jpg

Turned back 2nd bulb 5 days ago, since then brown algeas have dissapeared completly. No sign of algea at all.
The brown dust which was present on the front glass is not there anymore, I think this is proving that excel is doing the job.
As you can see there are some fishes in:
- 30 neons tetra
- 4 ottos
- 2 amano shrimps
- 4 red cherry shrimps
I am planning to introduce some Panda Corrydoras as well, but time will tell.

Regards
Lukasz

PS: I have made a small donation. Thank You for all the help gained here! Thank You Clive in helping me starting this tank:)

Looking really good! The colours are fantastic, well done

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Day 60:
10931743855_1153e067a3_c.jpg

Don't know why but everything seems to be growing nice, everything besides Eleocharis sp mini…. why?

Well this has really taken off!! Top job my friend!

Day 60:
10931743855_1153e067a3_c.jpg

Don't know why but everything seems to be growing nice, everything besides Eleocharis sp mini…. why?
move the drop checker to near the eleocharis, to see if co2 is reaching the substrate

Day 80
11254350053_b05157bec9_b.jpg

Been away for 2 weeks and my wife was takin care about the tank, lost 10 Tetra Neons… due to overdose of Excel:( Shrimps also gone:(
But plants never been better. Will have to apply some trimming plus get some new shrimps and neons:(
Regards
Lukasz

WHOH! that is turning into a jungle!!! Any chance of some closer shots of plants?

Have been busy over the last few months, not many changes in my tank, just a trimm here and there.
Things looks ok, this is my recipe for this tank:
- lightning period from 14:30 to 22:00
- CO2 kicks in 1hr before lights and switch off 1hr before lights will go off
- 2ml of Excel daily, 10ml every week after 30% water change
- Tropica Premium 10ml once a week after water change
- every 2 days 20ml of my own macro coctail

Plants looks very healthy, but pearling only after water change day. Is it becuase of Tropica Premium? Small algea on rocks, trying to brush them out, but very time consuming.
12120349943_05edd8e438_b.jpg

Back