• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Proper attempt

I am not using kits to measure it. I am using spectrophotometric methods. In my lab to measure it:) will stick to your advices. Thank you very much!

Nice start, love the look of that stone
Def agree with the above post ^^^^^
The other thing i would consider, would be to move the spraybar to one side, rather than only half way across the back, with the diffuser on the opposite side.
Though that may just be me.....

The problem is the spraybar is too long to be fitted at the side (30cm). I am going to get a lilly pipe, but im skinned atm:(

Yep, trim it you know it makes sense, if only there as a temporary measure, gives everything the best possible option for the short term:)
I have two spray bars on my 4 foot, I trimmed one so they would fit together nicely;)

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk 2

Water became I little bit cloudy and there are signs of small film on the surface...
Yep, as mentioned by foxfish, this is a sure sign that you are using too much like and that your CO2 is poor. Disable one bulb if possible, and if not possible then reduce the photoperiod to no more than about 5-6 hours. You should follow the procedure mentioned in the thread Melting Marsilea hirsuta & Staurogyne repens? | UK Aquatic Plant Society

You need a longer spraybar across the back.

Cheers,

Cheers guys!
Plan for today after work:
1. Extend the spray bar (temporary), can you guys point me where I could get a nice glass spray bar?
2. Switch off one bulb and reduce the photoperiod to 6 hours. Lamp will kick in at 4pm and will go off at 10pm. CO2 1h before lamp goes on and off.
3. I am going to order one of these inline diffusers from co2art.co.uk to help distribute CO2 around the tank.
4. Another 50% water change.

Regards
Lukasz

You can made it yourself.Check on ebay :clear acrylic tube 26mm,1meter long and you can make beautiful spraybar

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

Day 4:
9841232523_c466bb3570_c.jpg

I've temporarly extended the spray bar as you guys have advised me.
Another 50% water changed completed, this time on top of tap water I've used 4l of DI water which I brought from my lab.
I have also ordered an acrylic tube on ebay as "nanocube" advised.
The bad news is that I dont know how to disable one bulb on this Arkadia lamp. I though it will be done by simply removing one bulb, but it can not be done like that. If the blub is removed then the other one is also not working... I am not an electrician and I dont want to play with all the wires in there, so I will leave it as it is.

Also moved the CO2 diffused closer to outlet pipe, this should in my opinion help to distribute the CO2 around the tank.

Regards
Lukasz

Good effort with the spray bar extension :thumbup:
A full length one will be more effective but I like your resourcefulness.
If you have reflectors you can invert one to diffuse the light if not .. then your plants will soon let you now if they are being attacked by various forms of the dreaded & unwelcome enemy :thumbdown:
Most guys who are new to planted tanks will use to much light & to little C02 but at the end of the day its all about enjoying the hobby & finding out for yourself. :)

Day 5:
Moved back the CO2 diffuser to the front glass. In my opinion its giving me better CO2 distribiution, I can see the bubbles everywhere.
Second lamp is covered with kitchen foil, so I have limited light as advised.
Ammonia has dropped down to 4 mg/l, still high but at least i've got some progress.

9859128935_515098eb11_c.jpg

You......cannot......tell.....by.....looking at bubbles. The bubbles are meaningless.
I've mentioned it several times to take the pH readings and to confirm your hypothesis.
Did you check the thread I linked to in post#68? Full details and analysis of the procedure results are there.

Cheers,

Yes I did. I've got digital pH meter. I am keep checking the pH every hour.
6.3 when the lights are switched off, atm lights are off since 4 pm, pH is 6.0.
kH 3

I will do my best to create a pH profile tomorrow, will measure it every hour.

Day 6:
Still experimenting with position of CO2 diffuser, this time again closer to the outflow pipe.
I have removed the anubias from the left side and replace it with Pogostemon Erectus (2 pots). In my opinion it was a bit too monotonic with anubias in left, middle and right section of the tank

I have also done some mesurements today:
9:00 ph 6.3
10:00 ph 6.2
11:00 pH 6.2
12:00 pH 6.5 (50% water change)
13:00 pH 6.5
13:00 pH 6.4
14:00 pH 6.4
15:00 pH 6.4 (CO2 kicks in)
16:00 pH 6.1 (lights on)
17:00 pH 6.1
18:00 pH 6.0
19:00 pH 6.0
20:00 pH 5.9 so far

KH 3
GH 8
NO3 20mg/l
NO2 1.25 mg/l
NH4 4mg/l

From other observations I can see that my Ludwigia started melting a bit.

9879852136_e969e02a68_c.jpg

Back