• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Pruning Vallis

roge21

Hi just a quick question will it harm Vallis by cutting it back as mine is growing so fast it is covering to top of the water and needs to be cut back.

as long as you cut it from the root it be fine.
mine grew this looooong
PWVYHMu.jpg

2F9BnYk.jpg

You can cut the leaf at the lenght you want, but make a clear cut. Usually leaf will toletate this. A diagonal cut will be seen less amongst intact leaves.
- wheather you find cut leaves of Valisneria looking good/natural.........is subject to discussion, though:meh:
You could uproot oldest(and longest) plants, and re-plant some of the younger(and shorter) runners. Plants removed can be passed to others.:thumbup: Mick

Ok thanks for the replys will have to do some thing as it is growing so fast some of it must be well over the 1m mark
as my tankis 600mm deep and it would go over the top and back to the bottom :meh:

My "mantra" here is: choose the plant, that suit your needs.:)
Vallisneria WILL grow fast and cover the water-surface. This is precisely the force of this plant......so if that is not your need, I think you should consider another plant. There are soooo many to choose from. Please don't read this as an attack - it's really just meant a consideration:p
Mick.

Back