• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

pruning

probably an easy answer,
but does taking off a leaf make it grow more?

I have read somewhere if the leaves are damaged to remove them completely to make the plant produce a new leaf.

is this true?

does it encourage more growth?

i think what it does is prevent the plant from expending energy on unproductive leaves and put its reserves to better use, ie more new growth and healthy leaves.

I purchased a tiger lotus from the green machine, most of the leaves are damaged apart from the lower leaves. do I prune these? or leave them on?
if I do prune them is there a specific way? thanks

I did read that but didn't see lily. I had a look again and saw the anubius type, cheers.

would you recommend me removing any leaves from the plant that are damaged. or leaving them on?

over a year on but this thread seems to be relevant to me......read the tutorial on pruning along with a number of articles in PFK and a book but there doesnt seem to be an answer to the questions I have. That is I have stem plants, Green Cabomba and some limnophila type ( I think). They have only been in the tank a week but they have sprouted many roots from various places on the stem. I have propagated some but dont want to cut them all to pieces as i want height. So can I simply cut these roots off and then the plant will spend time growing taller? or do i need to do something else. leaving the roots on is also fine but not sue if this then stops the plant growing up.

Any sugestions for a complete plant novice would be appreciated.

over a year on but this thread seems to be relevant to me......read the tutorial on pruning along with a number of articles in PFK and a book but there doesnt seem to be an answer to the questions I have. That is I have stem plants, Green Cabomba and some limnophila type ( I think). They have only been in the tank a week but they have sprouted many roots from various places on the stem. I have propagated some but dont want to cut them all to pieces as i want height. So can I simply cut these roots off and then the plant will spend time growing taller? or do i need to do something else. leaving the roots on is also fine but not sue if this then stops the plant growing up.

Any sugestions for a complete plant novice would be appreciated.

Hi,welcome to the forum.
Check out this old thread
http://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/thin-long-white-side-shoots-from-stem-plants.4484/

Back