• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Pupu Springs (pic heavy!)

fordayzbro

Seedling
Here are some pics from today’s trip to Pupu Springs.

A truly amazing place to visit. The breeze made it difficult to get clear shots, I’ll upload more photo’s and describe what it was like when I can find a decent connection….

Enjoy! :D
DSC_0173.jpg

DSC_0229.jpg

DSC_0216.jpg

DSC_0204.jpg

DSC_0203.jpg

DSC_0201.jpg

DSC_0186.jpg

DSC_0180.jpg

DSC_0178.jpg

DSC_0268.jpg

Looks like I could spend a day there. No chance of snorkelling I bet. I got as far west as Totranui beach. Kicked myself ever since for not going all the way. Nice pics, feel free to post some more. How much water comes out of the spring?

tyrophagus said:
Looks like I could spend a day there. No chance of snorkelling I bet. I got as far west as Totranui beach. Kicked myself ever since for not going all the way. Nice pics, feel free to post some more. How much water comes out of the spring?

Where else did you go? I've done a full loop in 2 weeks, seen some jaw dropping scenery.

Could easily have spent the day there! I stayed at Totaranui for a couple nights, scorching hot with some big stingrays cruising round the bay. It was only a short drive from there to get to Pupu.... maybe an hour.

The area around the springs is stunning, giant Rimu and Totara trees towering above the mostly Manuka and fern forest. The photo's really can't do it justice as the surface is disturbed by wind and the spring itself.

I don't think it is legal or allowed by the local tribes to even touch the water anymore. There are some pics somewhere of people diving the springs but nothing recent.

DSC_0172.jpg

DSC_0267.jpg

I've been to the South Island of NZ 3 times. I have a great excuse as my family moved to Auckland years ago but I live in the UK. It's an awesome place but then there is amazing countryside everywhere in the world if you just go look for it. I could live the rest of my life in the North of the South Island.

Here are some of my favourite memories. Hope I'm not hijacking the Pupu Springs thread....I suppose :) these places are all on same island

1202856764.jpg

Mirror Lakes

1194470151.jpg

Queenstown

1202975227.jpg

Milford Sound

1207848872.jpg

Doubtful Sound

1211229515.jpg

Waipapa Point lighthouse

1214085222.jpg

Yellow Eyed Penguin, Dunedin.

Sweet pics! I've only had 2 weeks and have done over 4000kms, barely scatched the surface really. I've been back in N.Z after 4 years in London so have just been able to take a holiday, would love to live in the Tasman region.
Some of the best countryside I've seen so far was in central China.

After flicking through my Pupu photos I've realised most of them are worthless due to the agitated water.....

DSC_0096.jpg

Kaikoura
DSC_0084.jpg

Pancake Rocks

Back