Pygmy Cory, new arrival !

dino21

Just giving the fish their supper in our community tank when I noticed something moving on the fine sand in a quiet corner of the tank, to our surprise it was a baby Cory, just over 10mm long.

We added six of them over a year ago and they have seemed quiet happy if a litte elusive, but glad to see conditions good enough for them to breed. :happy:

Wonder if there are more around ...?

cory.jpg

jaypeecee

Hi @dino21

That's wonderful! Isn't it great when things like this happen? If it's C. pygmaeus and already 10mm long, it's almost half way to adult size!

JPC

dino21

Hi,

If we remember correctly it was Corydoras habrosus , some of the adults now quiet big at a good 30mm long, making this little arrival look very small.

jaypeecee

Hi @dino21
Not sure why the Sand coloured very fine sand , shows up like little white rocks of ice? pic taken with a mobile phone.

I was wondering about this myself. But, of course, I didn't know what the actual colour of the substrate was. I thought you were perhaps training your Cory babies to be ice skaters!

JPC

dino21

Hi,

Well seems the Corys have been very busy, not sure if these are hatchings from the same brood or different females.

As well as the two shown above, this pic shows one of them and behind, two even smaller ones, one head on, one at the back, side on.

Did see another in some dense plant growth, so small it was virtually clear, so looks like they are still hatching as doubt it was more than a day or two old.

Picture of the actual sand used in the front of the tank to show how fine it is, must be the glass causing the white effect.

morecory.jpg

sand.jpg