• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Pygmy Cory - Not thriving (pale)

As was recommended to me here at UKAPS a long time ago, also about problems with my Pygmy cories, if I remember correctly it was @sciencefiction who did, I can recommend you the same and that's to send an e-mail to.

Explain your problem and ask your questions, what it could be and what to use... Back then it was the founder of this company "Dr Fiona Mcdonald" who replied shortly after and was extremely helpful with questions and answers and recommendations without any charge and also provided what proper medicine to order from them, all send to me free from P&P after that.

Then you will get professional answers from somebody who knows fish inside out and knows to ask the correct questions...

What I described above in the previous reply I also learned from Dr Fiona... :) But that was almost 10 years ago, luckily I never had any reason to contact her again. So I have no idea if it still will be her that answers... But I guess if not another Fish Doctor will and their policy didn't change after all this is what we could expect from Fish/Animal lovers in the first place.

I'm not a fish doctor and not really confident enough to recommend medicine cocktails... All tho Esha2000 isn't a medicine AFIAK it's a disinfectant, actually quite similar to Glut. (Liquid Carbon)

Last edited:
Hi all,
I disturb the top surface but it's very dense with roots so difficult to go any deeper with out disturbing them
Not the sand then.
I'm not very keen on adding MTS accidently got one in a quarantine tank, must have hitchhiked in a bag from the last and the numbers went crazy in no time and they pop out the substrate and crowd the food. I could add some shrimps?
I'll be honest I like MTS (Malaysian Trumpet Snail (Melanoides tuberculata)) and I think their benefits outweigh any perceived disadvantages, but yes Shrimp or Asellus might help. I've had Cherry shrimps with mine in the past and they have Asellus in their tank at the moment.
Corydoras pygmaea is wild-caught fish and is very susceptible to Trichodina infection
What I described above in the previous reply I also learned from Dr Fiona..
Fluke-solve sounds a good idea.

cheers Darrel

I've ordered fluke solve should be here tomorrow via the wonders of amazon prime. Also waiting on grindal worm delivery. I've a window sill tank with asellus at my parents I will transfer some over next time I visit.

Lost the worst looking one this morning - I don't have a microscope to hand to look closer. The fluke solve arrived and I've treated the tank. Did the other tank as a precaution too. Grindal worms still making their way through royalmail system.

At what point should I expect to see some improvement if Trichodina is the culpret?

Back