• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Quick removal of algae

idris

Is there a way to quickly and reliably kill off algae from a large quantity of Crypt Wenditi if the health of the rest of the tank isn't of concern?
(I'll be stripping the tank and offering the plants cheap / swap / free if there is, or throwing them away if there isn't.)

You could consider discharging all leaves (they quite easily break off the right place, if pulled "backwords") - they will most likely die off anyway in a new tank. Plants will grow happily from "bare roots", when introduced to a new tank.
Some distributors actually prefere sending Cryptocoryne's this way.
Hope your Crypt's are hereby saved from the bin ..........:)

Yeah, I agree. Stripping your Cryptos off from leaves will solve the issue. I did it a few times with no problem at all. If they are healthy, they will generate new leaves in a few days.

Hello,

With Crypt's you can pull the affected leaves off from the stem and they will eventually grow back healthier! You will have to pull the leaf backwards against the stem so that it 'peels' off the main stem.

Best of luck,
Dan

Back