• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

quick tank poll. doable or not?

deep enough

• yes

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • no

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

markp35

im hoping to set up a 6x2x1.5 planted tank. im starting to get a bit worried that 18 inches front to back might be too shallow. 6x2x2 isnt an option as the cos of those extra 6 inches is a big difference ..... nigh on £200

72x24x18 ( special offer) £ 535

72x24x24 (£730

is a nice looking planted tank realistic in 18 inch front to back?

thats reassuring 3 votes all yes. just need to get all my gear sold now to get the reddies together!!!

Would you be selling your stand? You can pick up a 72*24*18 tank, without stand for £238, OR £268 for 24 wide.
But £535 for all inc (if it is all inc) is very good.

Sam

yep 535 all inclusive from nd aquatics , which from the prices youre quoting im guessing is where youre looking . no point keeping my stand as its only 4 foot. plus i need to sell the lot to raise the cash for the 6ft

could get 6x2x2 for £499 but id have to have a budget cabinet etc and they look sh_t , and this is after all a piece of furniture in the living room . it has to look nice too

Haha, yes i was looking at ND. My 5ft tank is an ND tank, and is Solid. Can't comment on their cabinets though, as i don't have one, and i'm building my own.

Sam

my current tank is a 4x2x2 by nd aquatics . cabinets are solid

I did ask them how much it would cost to buy a cabinet from them separately, but it would be almost double what i could do myself with a mate.

Personally, if i had the room, i would go 6*2*2, and enjoy the massive shoals of fish you will be able to introduce.

Sam

I'd rather have 24 deep and 18" high if I had the choice but I don't think you'll have any issues :)

Great price bud!

6x2x2 would be my choice , but realisticly the sale of my other stuff isnt going to raise £730 but it should raise £500 and at the moment i just cant afford to pay the difference.

at the end of the day im not after trying to create a world beating aquascape just a nice healthy attractive looking planted tank .

You are going to have if for long time right? If I would you I would save up and invest in to 6x2x2 tank than regret later.

what i might do is get the bidget 6x2x2 for £499 . only real difference is no doors etc on the cabinet , but i could put some doors on it myself

Have you considered a pre-owned tank/cabinet?
I bought my 5*3*2 for £200, included all pipework, return pump and the cabinet, but i do need a new cabinet, which i hope will come to under £200. You can pick up some great deals, especially when the person selling is moving, thus they need it gone quick.

Only problem is you need to be prepared to travel, and in my case, i had a 6 hour drive in a Transit from the Sussex coast to Sheffield. Worth considering anyway.

Sam

i did think about it and i am keeping alook out for something reasonably local , but probably wont bother. by the time you add up van hire , diesel etc id rather pay a little bit more and get a brand new 1 with a 3 year warranty delivered to my door .

True enough, It is quite a lot of hassel. In the end it was £350 for mine, given the £50 Van hire, and Diesel.

I had a look on Coventry Aquatics, as they have a very high praise, but their tanks were closer to £1000 for your size, but they do look stunning.

Sam

just checked out their website , was it the godiva tanks you were looking at? clicked on tour the store too , i must say it looks like a really clean well kept shop . shame its so far away

Yeah, the Godiva range are used by a lot of Marine keepers on a Marine forum i'm on. Not visited the store myself, but have bought bits from them.

Sam

i think whats pushing the price up on those tanks is that they come with the sump and pipework.

Have you called nd to see if they could do a deal on a 6-2-2 and decent cabinet?
Matt

Back