• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Quiet Little Thing

gmartins

I had an old tank sitting by and decided to put it to good use. There some scratches on the glass... but such is life.

I hereby port my recent creation for your consideration. It is still as a drystart as I am waiting for some furniture to put it on.

Tank: 50 x 25 x 30 cm
Light: PLL 2 x 18W (6500K + 8000K)
Hardscape: Bogwood
Substrate: ADA Amazonia
CO2: pressurized (when filled in)

FLORA:
HC
Glosso
E. parvula
H. tripartita
Spiky moss
Pogostemon erectus
Althernanthera reineckii mini
Rotala rotundifolia mixed with green
Staurogyne repens

Preparation

66261505.jpg

98040889.jpg

fotografia3b.jpg

Planting (9 March)

fotografia1a.jpg

emersed4.jpg

emersed2.jpg

fotografia2xw.jpg

fotografia4o.jpg

Measuring light (no water)

parvsdistance.jpg

fotografia3hi.jpg

Now (20 March)

fotografiai.jpg

fotografia2j.jpg

fotografia3j.jpg

fotografia4b.jpg

I am still not sure about Rotala rotundifolia. It is still unseen behing the vertical bit of the bogwood, but I am not sure it will used. Any suggestions?

Hope you like it and feel free to comment

cheers

G

Olá Nuno,

thanks.

yes I know. I'd like to put some water in as well but I am still waiting for the furniture. It's been a pain :mad:

cheers

GM

A long time has passed since I last updated this topic....

After few problems I finally had the chance to fill this little boy in. Plants are due a trim already but I was thinking of let them adapt to the submersed conditions for a week or two prior to trimming. Or would it be better to trim them right away?

Here are some pics (sorry the low quality)

FTS
fotografiag.jpg

FTS (right side)
fotografia5t.jpg

Right view
fotografia3ih.jpg

Diagonal
fotografia1k.jpg

Detail on H. tripartita
fotografia2bf.jpg

Detail on UG. I had a little bit of this in a vase and put it in. Hope it stands up. I think this is the only species I have been unsuccessful at growing in immersed...
fotografia4n.jpg

Let me know what you think

cheers

GM

Really nice looking aquascape :) I love seeing the in situ shots.
The trim will really help with the stem formation and give a good shape.
What's the pot on the top of the tank for?
Cheerio,
Ady

Really nice looking aquascape :) I love seeing the in situ shots.
The trim will really help with the stem formation and give a good shape.
What's the pot on the top of the tank for?
Cheerio,
Ady

Yes I hope the trim helps the transition. Let's see how the plants react. They have been emerged for nearly 3 months so they were well adapted and had developed a strong root system (visible on the side and back glasses).

I am using the empty 1-2 grow pot to grow glosso emerged.

That is one sweet room, cabinet & tank!!!:wideyed: Wow,.............

Thanks Faizal. We've made a living + office room out of the attic. All white to give the sense of a larger space. Colour comes with small things... (pillows, tank, etc...)

red-cherry, otocinclus sp., and 6 celestial pearls are in (they went in on different times)

all looks good. Plant growth is moderate as I wanted. No algae. the pearls are still very shy though. They only come out to play when we are not in room or some metres away. I hope they are getting the food I give them. I've been using frozen delicacies to persuade them ;)

One picture for fun
tqac.jpg

cheers

GM

Tanks looking great. I myself am running through a dry start at the moment so it's good to see other finished articles.

Do you run an in line co2 diffuser?

Thanks. Yes I am running a CO2 reactor inside the cabinet.

I did not use a heat mat. No need here where I live. Humidity is naturally high in the Azores. Yet, I used cling film with some openings to allow the exchange of air and thus prevent mould.

By the way, the tank is still up and should post some more recent pics.

zxpv.jpg

2zfa.jpg

0av1.jpg

j39o.jpg

And I would also like to post some pics of my emersed cultures
6fuz.jpg

rvcz.jpg

Back