• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ramshorn snails

Junglist

Seedling
Hi i have recently noticed a mass exodus of baby ramshorn snails in my tank is there any fish that would eat the baby ramshorn snails and not eat my nerite snails.?

Id say the only possible fish is ‘left or right hand removing manually’ :)))))) another option is to put those that you want to keep in safe area/basin what ever and add some pea puffers. Once they are done, remove puffer, add snails back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Btw lots of snails mostly means to much uneaten food in the tank

That's the one and only. :thumbup: Add more snails of different spp. numbers kinda contrast less in comparisson with having a great number of only one sp. And or add cherry shrimp and feed less and clean out obvious dying leaves.

In my tank, i got Ramshorn, 3 types of pondsnails, trumpet and Physella acuta.. :) 5 potential pests living together with a large group of cherries. And they works perfectly and keep eachothers numbers in check. :)

That's the one and only. :thumbup: Add more snails of different spp. numbers kinda contrast less in comparisson with having a great number of only one sp. And or add cherry shrimp and feed less and clean out obvious dying leaves.

In my tank, i got Ramshorn, 3 types of pondsnails, trumpet and Physella acuta.. :) 5 potential pests living together with a large group of cherries. And they works perfectly and keep eachothers numbers in check. :)
About the same here...

I'm only dealing with a small outbreak of MTS - happens every few months. so I dump an assassin in there to clean up. IIRC these won't work for ramshorn snails because they have a trap door or something..... me personally I have a chopstick with some 6mm tubing on and I siphon the smallest ones out individually. The big ones I usually go on a crushing spree - the amano love it.

Back