• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ranunculus inundatus leaf heads disapearing!

Aeropars

Hello All,

I posted this in the plans section however i think its better suited here.

I have some Ranunculus inundatus and its been in the tank for about 5 weeks now but its done nothing apart from the leaf heads falling off.

If this a transitional period or is it lacking in some form of nutrient?

Some people have classed this as a weed in their tanks but its sat doing nothing in mine which is very frustrating.

Lee,
Falling heads are typically due to poor CO2.

CO2 transforms falling heads to talking heads.

Cheers,

Thanks for the input Clive.

Thats very odd because my CO2 is causing the drop checker to turn more towards yellow and its at the point just below the fish gasping at the surface.

Could it be down to flow? I've an Eheim Pro 3 (1700lph) however I've never gotten the full output of this filter. The gauge sits at about 3/4 of what its maximum throughput (which is annoying) so I've ordered a Koralia 2800 to help with this in the hope that flow is the issue (I hope it is now I've bought the thing!) That said, I'm now faced with a dilema of where to put the Koralia. My spray bar faces forward along the back of the tank however it only covers 2/3 of the width of the tank. With that in mind how should I position the Koralia? Put it in the gap facing the front of the tank? Or should I have it blowing diagonally to try and swirl the water a bit?

I'm assuming you can get your spray bar in the centre of the back wall? If you could I would put the koralia underneath or above it pointing the same way. the 2800 kicks out a lot of flow in an expanding cone. This means if you have it near the surface it will cause significant vortices etc. Central is good because you can be sure the flow will hit the front and go down and to both sides.....

Well the Loralia is now in and its causing a lot of movement in the plans which is good!

I've not seen any change in the plant though. There's no sign of recovery however there's no deterioration either. Given this apparently grows pretty fast, how long should it be before i see signs of improvement?

Back