• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

RCS die after 2 weeks in tank

2ml of hydrogen peroxi 3%....spot dose when tank was half empty...then added water and filled tank up...tank is 40L

Sounds like a low dose but it might have still got to the shrimps. Who knows? I dont.

Crystals being far more delicate than most shrimp could even become stressed and die if you add the new water too quickly. It does sound like its something to do with the water, thats the problem with using tap. Id recommend using RO water :)
How are you adding your new water to the tank mate?

I would also be inclined to do a larger scale water change every week - just a 30% I would find to be too little and so overtime youre likely increasing the amount of copper in your tank. This, if that is the problem, would give a reason to your tank being fine after 3 months as you said and it only happening now.

I personally dose EI and co2, and every sunday I do a 40-50% water change with remineralised RO. I also remineralise the water with Bee Shrimp Minerals :)

My tank is only a 94litre but it takes me a good hour to do a water change because I use a small siphen to slowly add the new water so my shrimp dont get shocked by the change :)

Please feel free to ask any questions bud
Thanks - Jason

He is keeping RCS (Red cherries) as far as Im concerned Jason. Yes Crystal reds are far more sensitive.

By the way Jason, you seem to be the proof that you can actually keep CRS in a high tech/ EI dosed tank. This is very Cool! Do you breed them? Any photos or links we can see.

He is keeping RCS (Red cherries) as far as Im concerned Jason. Yes Crystal reds are far more sensitive.

By the way Jason, you seem to be the proof that you can actually keep CRS in a high tech/ EI dosed tank. This is very Cool! Do you breed them? Any photos or links we can see.

Ahh right okay thanks, for some reason I was thinking the thread was about CRS haha!

- even so with the cherries Jaap, the suggestions I gave still stand :D

And yes Jose I do breed them, ive just recently bred some pure red line in the tank :) I only have the one tank currently, so I'm not doing a separate breeding programme with the different grades or anything like that, its just a mix match of everything in there.. Might possibly add some Blue Panda Pinto's at some point to mix things up and see what I can get :)

Yep Ill try to add some pictures, the profile pic is the only current one I have - Im on my ipad and it doesnt seem to want to upload a picture.. I'll try tomorrow on my computer or something, hopefully thatll work! I dont want to clutter up this thread with my own pictures and things though so i'll most likely start a new one in the inverts section

Yep Ill try to add some pictures, the profile pic is the only current one I have - Im on my ipad and it doesnt seem to want to upload a picture.. I'll try tomorrow on my computer or something, hopefully thatll work! I dont want to clutter up this thread with my own pictures and things though so i'll most likely start a new one in the inverts section

Cool! really looking forward to that.I can see you are into more expensive varieties Blue Panda Pinto's look just awsome mate. I was thinking about keeping the blue variety of red cherries. Are you sure your gene mixing is going to give good results cause it might just spoil the line. Im a bit ignorant on shrimp yes.
Also I am not sure if you know how to load pictures into a post. If you dont, just have a look here its quite easy really.
http://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/how-do-you-post-a-picture.2618/

Cool! really looking forward to that.I can see you are into more expensive varieties Blue Panda Pinto's look just awsome mate. I was thinking about keeping the blue variety of red cherries. Are you sure your gene mixing is going to give good results cause it might just spoil the line. Im a bit ignorant on shrimp yes.
Also I am not sure if you know how to load pictures into a post. If you dont, just have a look here its quite easy really.
http://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/how-do-you-post-a-picture.2618/

Well Im a bit weird in that I don't mind about the line of breeding or anything like that, any offspring I get will be good in my eyes :) Ive got some TiBee genes mixed in with lots of my shrimp, I mean yeah youre right I might not get as nice offspring but on the other hand I might get some cool variants :D

And alright thanks! I probably dont, im quite new to ukaps haha

Back