• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

re scape

Cheers mate ive managed to wein meself off it now didn't realise what was in it until I read the article on it. nasty gear.

ant

Hi guys quick question. my pogostemen stellata is growing like mad and is due a trim and replant tomorrow. It looks realy healthy but it seems to be growing twisted or if you know what I mean it is in an area of flow but only certain stems dont seem to grow straight is this normal?

ant
20130119_193320_zpsc5ccbe8e.jpg

20130119_193241_zps15e6ef47.jpg

Mine was a bit bent out of shape when I got it and I still find it grows with a bit of a curve to it. I have found the more you trim and replant the straighter the propogants are.

Mine was a bit bent out of shape when I got it and I still find it grows with a bit of a curve to it. I have found the more you trim and replant the straighter the propogants are.
Thanks give it a trim today dosent half grow quick

ant

You replanted the stems? or can I buy them off you? :)
Replanted mate will have a few in the next couple of weeks il send them you on, as you suggested them to me! Il give you a shout

ant

Replanted mate will have a few in the next couple of weeks il send them you on, as you suggested them to me! Il give you a shout

ant
Maybe this was Nathans plan all along! Lol :)

Cheers! Jack :)

A quick update on my tank
Added a second filter to aid flow and seems to be much better. cut all the Staurogyne repens down to the substrate as it started to go abit leggy and lost its leaves, pretty sure this was down to flow and c02. moved a drop checker an inch above the substrate and looks ok now. Lost more than half of the pogostemen stellata, some stems just melted above the substrate i was loosing about two stems a day maybe a c02 issue again. Hopefully the stauro will come back after its trim

y5ehajaz.jpg

ant

Back