• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Re-scaping 450L Discus Tank - advice please

rt964

Hi,

Having spent many hours looking across this site (and others), I've decided that my tank needs a bit of an overhaul. Currently it looks like this :
59309197298dd37eaf82.jpg

As you can see, whilst there is plenty of growth, it's all a bit hap-hazzard and doesn't really follow the golden rule !

Anyway, I'm thinking that I want to go for something that is quite layered in terms of height (front to back), as well as having a selection of colours and textures, however am unsure as to what plants I should look at, and also if there are some smart ideas on layout. The tank itself is primarily viewed head on, although it can also be seen from the right hand side end, so that's a consideration, as is the fact that it is primarily a discus tank (there are 11 in there), so they need space to hide as well as space to venture out and show off their colours ! I'm a bit stuck on ideas, so thought I would gather the views of people here ... all suggestions welcome (including ditching the plants already in there and starting again !).

cheers,

Richard

Back