• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Rebirth (the end)

Re: Rebirth

Thanks Ed and Mark.

The wood was light for a couple of days until got water logged, it was only 3-4 days for it to stay put.

My local MA has some pretty good shrimp in at the moment...

I came home with 6 Yellow flame sakura shrimp. I don't know a great deal about them as theres not a lot on the net.

yellow.jpg

I have added some Tiger shrimp today, got them for 65p each!! Bargain!!

heres a quick pic with the water level lowered.

wat1.jpg

thanks awtong...yes, the one near the center in the Crispus 'red' and the far left is a Crispus 'green. NIce easy plants.

here's a quick vid on the new iphone...anyone know if you can turn the EV down on the iphone??

needs to be viewed in 720p

not bad i suppose.

aye, it cooked my tea earlier and walked my dog. I'm deffo gonna put more weight on!!

Damn you Steve Jobbs!

Cheers Creg!

here's a couple from tonight, it's ready for it's first proper trim now. I'll be getting in there in the next day or 2.

sony2.jpg

sony3.jpg

Looking great Ian.

In the first pic your exposure looked better than in the second. However, 1/13sec will give you blurry pics. F8 would be ok I reckon, giving you a few stops of light.

trying out all these iphone apps lol and came across this one called 'photosynth', the quality isn't the best, but it gives a good wide angle feeling.

6686388297_cdab434819.jpg
photosynth by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

you are making a very nice tapestry there. going to look stunning in a few weeks.

Great-looking 'scape, and nice pics mate.

About the photos; Mark is, of course, correct about the blurry photos with 1/13 sec, but only if you're not using a tripod and have moving fish/plants.

I often use slow shutter speeds with a tripod, especially if there are no fish in the tank. I turn the filter off, which prevents the plants from moving. The smaller aperture will give you a greater depth of field which is usually more desirable for a full-tank shot.

On my monitor your white balance also looks a little too blue/green. Try using a different white balance setting i.e. with a higher Kelvin rating. This will tone down the blue/green and bring out more yellow/red, warming up the images. If you have live view this can help choose an appropriate setting before actually taking the shot.

I've not seen the Photosynth iPhone app. To be honest it looks over-sharpened for my taste but I bet it looks great on the phone itself. Does it give you a wider angle than using the standard iPhone camera? Have you tried Camera+ yet?

you are making a very nice tapestry there. going to look stunning in a few weeks.

Cheers Darren, this tank is a real slow grower. I'm going to up the light when i rescape.

@ George thanks for the advice, i have had the slr for about a year now and still trying different stuff out. Still far from any good lol! I shall keep your advice in mind when i get the cam out again. I have a T5 light ballast in the shed, will have to get it out at some point.

The photosynth app has an edit option and i did sharpen the pic.

heres a pic i took earlier when walking the dog

6686588097_86d16c6a4f.jpg
harts by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

you can take a full panoramic shot which is pretty cool.

I have bought Cam+ as well, i wish i'd bought this in the first place, takes really good pic for 59p!

i know it gets a little boring lol, but here's a little short vid of various bits around the tank. View in 720p!

ianho said:
i know it gets a little boring lol, but here's a little short vid of various bits around the tank. View in 720p!

Never boring Ian.
CPDs for this tank i see, i thought theyd have been for the nano.
Looking great.
Ady.

Back