• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

reccomend me a fish

mattyc

i have taken my cichlids to a LFS :arghh: :( but now i have a tank that is being planted.

what would you reccomend for a small shoaling fish (and how many) that i can have quite a few of, the other must have livestock are shrimp and ottos. i would like more smaller fish, tank spec is a opti-white 36x18x18
i am thinking ember tetras

Emerald dwarf rasboras are lovely. Tiny like the ember tetras but with pretty markings. Bit delicate though so only for a mature stable tank. They are timid so need to be in a large shoal. I had some in my shrimp tank a few years ago. The last two used to shoal with the embers that I got to replace them and were very similar in size.

the filters are mature and are running on 20L tank (which must be the most over filteres tank ever with 1700l/h lol) but i do like the look of the dwarf rasboras .

Trigonostigma hengeli
I think I spelled that right. False harlequin.
Hardy, bright, smaller than regular harlequin, and shoal very well.

bcoldwine said:
Trigonostigma hengeli
I think I spelled that right. False harlequin.
Hardy, bright, smaller than regular harlequin, and shoal very well.

x2. a really great, natural looking fish, and shoals really well. :D

Emerald eye rasbora get my vote. Ultimately it will depend on your scape though, it's a very responsive and personal thing choosing fish, I'd recommend you get the tank, planted and well grown out then add the fish choosing ones you can see in their and that will compliment the scape.

i think i might go for these Emerald eye rasbora they look nice i am going for a Iwagumi style tank with hair grass type plants and tgm blue stone.

Mirorasboras I have kept a couple in my nano and they shoal good. Look at Andy's jornal "Deep Rooted" he has lots in there.

Back