• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Recommendation for fine sand low light

Fran

Hi all, I am setting up a black water low light biotope style aquarium with leaf litter. It will also have fine sand and low light. Is there any small grass like plant that would survive or grow in my tank. I'm sure I have seen videos of biotopes with sprigs of grass in leaf litter and dark water. Thanks.

Hi, I grow eleocharis and lilaeopsis brasiliensis under low light with tannins. @Mr.Shenanagins is right, growth is slow!
The eleocharis runners are lapping the tank & little plantlets are popping up everywhere, I'm not trying for a carpet so it doesn't matter.
I thought the lilaeopsis' growth had stalled & was considering removing it until I accidentally pulled out a foot long string of tiny plants with roots which took some persuading to stay put!

Thanks for the replies. I think I will try the eleocharis. I'm not to worried if it doesn't work though. Would just like some green in around the leaf litter. Will post some pics later.

Back