• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • Most of the remaining team are off on holiday meaning the forum does not have sufficient cover. As such the site will be placed in maintenance mode where it can be viewed but no posts/threads can be made and will remain this way until August 11th, apologies for the inconvience.

Recommendations for an accurate PH meter below £80

RolyMo

It's nearly Christmas time and family are asking the difficult questions of what would I like for a present. Life would be easy if I could just reply, a new house, a couple of new expensive tanks, filters and lights. But I don't have family who are flush and generous.
So I will have to make do with socks and pants!!
However I was thinking of a PH meter to be a little more accurate that the solution based method.

Any suggestions for an accurate PH meter ideally under £50 that I can get in the UK?

Thanks in advance.
Cheers
Roland

I've been watching this for a while:

http://bit.ly/18DOHmP

They're meant to be excellent and very accurate, from a reputable brand.
Measures EC too, which is arguably more useful than TDS (which I think it measures too).

Yeah that's the one I've got, seems pretty good. Only issue is finding one in budget - I found a 'cheap' one (~£80) a couple of years ago but there don't seem to be any about now. There's a high likelihood of being stung for VAT + Import Duty + an £8 handling fee if ordering from the states. Plus you'll want a set of calibration and storage fluids.

Back