• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Recommendations For My Cliff Face

jagillham

Hi,

I'm after some recommendations for plants for my 'slate cliff'.

Still under construction, but I want to order some plants. Will be about 30 cm tall, and 20 cm wide. This sits within a 5ft high tech tank (about 500l).

I'm not really sure exactly what effect I'm after, so anything with examples is even better. Not looking for anything too high maintenance.

This is how it looks now, just imagine it around 3 times the height! :)

fd65c506-6de5-429b-85c0-6deb174fa4c8-jpeg.jpg

What is the rest of the tank planted like? I see some crypts but are you looking for something to compliment the rockwork or partially hide some of it? Some of the more fancy mosses glued in strategic places would help naturalise it, or you could add buce or small anubias in the little cracks. It's hard to suggest without a little more info on what you are wanting for the tank.

@mort - Not much going on in the rest of the tank yet. It's a new start, so rest literally is a couple of Amazon Swords, Crypts and few Anubis I just threw in to keep alive from my last tank. That's all to sort out too.

Overall general look I want is heavily planted. I love the lush green tanks full of plants you see on here, unfortunately I was not blessed with artistic skills for layout and design!

My last tank was really quite "flat". So I'm trying to get plants up into the middle / top of the tank this time around.

I'd go for plants with small leaves - Morts suggestions are all good. Buce comes in a range of shapes/sizes and so does anubias - probably bonsai/mini for the smallest leaves. Moss balls broken apart and wedged in gaps can look nice sometimes too. Then maybe something a little taller around the base.

They wedge pretty well but you can use a little bit of superglue on the back if you have any problems.

Back