• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Red Lava Rock 60x30x35

Gary Murphy

Hey Everyone, Im new to this site and wanted to share my new setup. Im waiting on some more ADA Aqua Soil so this isn't fully complete.

Heres a few shots of the Hardscape so far. Any feedback would be appreciated :)

WP_20160912_19_04_53_Pro.jpg
WP_20160912_19_25_07_Pro.jpg

Welcome to the forum mate. Straight in first post a journal, I like it . Any ideas where you're heading with the setup or equipment you will be using?

Welcome to the forum mate. Straight in first post a journal, I like it . Any ideas where you're heading with the setup or equipment you will be using?

I was planning on keeping this simple with the planting. Not too sure where im heading with this im just kind of going with the flow and making changes as and when I feel are needed. Equipment im using is a Eheim 2213 filter, Possibly Co2 depending on what types of plants I end up going for.

Going to get some more lava rock to see if i can add to the hardscape before I move on with it :)

Swapped out 2 of the smaller rocks and replaced them with slightly larger ones to try make it a better transition from the main rock to the smallest. Hopefully gives it a better balance. Any thoughts?

WP_20160913_19_11_55_Pro.jpg

Hi Gary, Welcome to Ukaps :thumbup: Long time since we have spoken .

Great project love the look. Lava rock is great easy to grow moss on just keep it trimmed and then add some other small plants ;) You need more substrate at the back flowing down in'between the rocks becoming shallow at the front of the tank to add more depth to the scape. Following :)

Thanks Roy it has been a while ;)

Lava Rock is great to work with one of the easier rocks ive worked with. Ive got another bag of ADA Aqua Soil arriving tomorrow so the substrate will be sorted and then its on to the planting :thumbup:

Back