• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

red plant color change

Magnezyum Sülfat (MgSO4) elde edilip edilmiyor musunuz?
Cool.
So simply add some MgSo4 to the tank. There's plenty of us here that can do the calcs if need, just tell us the tank size and how much water you charge per week.

Might also be helpful if you let us know what other fertilizer you add to the tank, npk, ca and mg if you know.
Hi John q 3 times a week npk potassium sulfate 6ppm KNO3+urea 6ppm postium phosphate 1.8ppm I do 50 percent water change weekly, my tank is 75 liters mg and ca, I don't know this. I don't have a test kit for ro water mineralization and it doesn't say how many mg and ca ppm it is, I ordered aqua forest gh/kh

View attachment 212944
If you cut and paste the green plant (Limnophila sp?) and place the photo side by side, there is a pronounced difference.

If you took these photos a few hours apart (on lights on and a few hours later) It sort of suggests that the camera settings or lighting conditions were different, rather than the plant mkaing this radical change. The photography side of me wonders if the first photo was taken just after the lights turned on, and therefore the intensity was just ramping up, because the more intense saturation could just be due to camera underexposure ( a common trick to get very red plants).

Take the older growth at the bottom - the green is completely different in shade and tone.

The only time I've seen a plant turn white like that after a few hours would be due to a UV-C bulb exposure...
Yes, there is a UV light in the fixture, but I use Week Aqua z400pro for plants and there is no change in my camera settings, both pictures were taken with the same settings.

I ordered aqua forest gh/kh

Hi @hasan66 is it this product?

I do 50 percent water change weekly, my tank is 75 liters mg and ca, I don't know this

If its the above remineraliser in adds Ca/Mg in a ratio of 2:1. How much do you add to the 37.5 litres of incoming ro water. 1 ml per 3 liters of water and raises KH: 2, GH: 4. In your case 12.5ml would get the above Kh/Gh results.

Hi John q 3 times a week npk potassium sulfate 6ppm KNO3+urea 6ppm postium phosphate 1.8ppm
Are these numbers the weekly total, or are you adding this amount 3x per week?

Merhaba @hasan66 bu ürün mü?

Yukarıdaki remineralizatör ise 2:1 oranında Ca/Mg ekler. 37,5 litre gelen ro suyuna ne kadar eklersiniz? 3 litre suya 1 ml ilave edilir ve KH: 2, GH: 4 artar. Sizin durumunuzda 12,5 ml yukarıdaki Kh/Gh sonuçlarını verecektir.

Bu sayılar haftalık toplam mı yoksa bu miktarı haftada 3 kat mı ekliyorsunuz?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-11-17-10-31-32-480_com.dmall.mfandroid.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-17-10-31-32-480_com.dmall.mfandroid.jpg
    385.9 KB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot_2023-11-17-10-32-58-453_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-17-10-32-58-453_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg
    420.7 KB · Views: 49
Hi @hasan66 is it this product?

If its the above remineraliser in adds Ca/Mg in a ratio of 2:1. How much do you add to the 37.5 litres of incoming ro water. 1 ml per 3 liters of water and raises KH: 2, GH: 4. In your case 12.5ml would get the above Kh/Gh results.

Are these numbers the weekly total, or are you adding this amount 3x per week?
I add 18 ppm nitrate, 18ppm potassium and 5.4ppm phosphate weekly.

Aquaforest Mineral Salt is the ideal salt mixture to enrich RO (reverse osmosis) water. It contains minerals that increase the resistance of plants after rapid changes in water conditions in the tank. AF Mineral Salt perfectly prevents diseases caused by too low mineral content in water. The formula does not contain sodium, which can inhibit healthy plant growth. Contributes to Gh levels. It contains calcium, magnesium and potassium salts, which are very beneficial for plant growth.

10gr for 100 liters of water. Amnesty Salt increases water values at the following levels.

Gh: 3

Kh: 2

K: 6 mg/lt

Ca: 6.5 mg/lt

Mg: 4.1 mg/lt

Mn: 1.16 micro/lt

Ok so it's this product.

212920-36e22f6a6f4f7502cae298db02bd03b9.jpg

Ca/Mg ratio more like 1.5:1 also adds bucket loads of K.

How much are you adding to the 37.5 litres of water 3.75g? If yes then that's 4ppm of Mg which should be plenty, although I guess @_Maq_ might have a comment about the amount of K being dosed.

Could it be k 6mg?
Well, Potassium bashing seems popular at the minute so it could be, I also believe the UN is going to re classify K as a weapon of mass destruction in the not to distant future 😉

On a serious note do I think you need add 18ppm K via ferts and then another 6ppm via remin per week, no I don't, will reducing the overall level of K help? You would have to try reducing it and see if it makes any difference.

Well, Potassium bashing seems popular at the minute so it could be, I also believe the UN is going to re classify K as a weapon of mass destruction in the not to distant future 😉

On a serious note do I think you need add 18ppm K via ferts and then another 6ppm via remin per week, no I don't, will reducing the overall level of K help? You would have to try reducing it and see if it makes any difference.
well I will try this and see what happens 6ppm potassium will come from the mineral I will only give 12 ppm potassium weekly I will see how things go thank you jonh q man

The angle you take the pictures with makes a lot of difference for plant color. Since the other plants around the rotala drastically change their colors when comparing the two images, there must be something with the photography aspect that is at play as well.

Regarding the rotala itself, I some times see new growth having a more pale color, which picks up after it is fully grown. Maybe your plants sprout with the first light and finish their growth at night.

View attachment 212944
If you cut and paste the green plant (Limnophila sp?) and place the photo side by side, there is a pronounced difference.

If you took these photos a few hours apart (on lights on and a few hours later) It sort of suggests that the camera settings or lighting conditions were different, rather than the plant mkaing this radical change. The photography side of me wonders if the first photo was taken just after the lights turned on, and therefore the intensity was just ramping up, because the more intense saturation could just be due to camera underexposure ( a common trick to get very red plants).

Take the older growth at the bottom - the green is completely different in shade and tone.

The only time I've seen a plant turn white like that after a few hours would be due to a UV-C bulb exposure...
Agree, especially when shown in isolation like that.

I also flicked between the two repeatedly and the overall colour balance difference across the tank is similar suggesting that something, be it the angle, light, refraction or the camera adjusting / compensating for same is what is affecting the colour - at least in so far as the pictures are concerned.

On my phone I get completely different pictures for a multitude of reasons even if the light itself is at the same level.

Whilst I feel it is possible for some select plants to change colour, to some extent, during a photo period, I would have to agree not to that extent and certainly not Limnophila or indeed whole tank.

Interestingly, and referring back to my original comment that the green may be a measure of protection for plants during lighting hours, I just noted this comment on Bacopa which appears not to be due to automatic camera adjustment, lighting/angle etc, and the comments suggest similar experiences from others.

Not to say that it's the case here or indeed with all plants, but rather that it is seemingly possible for pants to change colour within a single lighting period.

1700564356793.png

I can't link it as it's a private FB group, but some of the top comments.
1700564375919.png

Back