• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Red Tiger Lotus

tubamanandy

Absolutely love the look of the Red Tiger Lotus but read an article a while back saying they were a nightmare in a normal planted aquarium for a whole host of reasons.

Can someone put me straight as its's years (20+) since I had this beautiful plant in my tank

Can you point that host of reasons? Personaly i'm not that picky nor scared that fast.. So realy can't think of any myself..

The only downside I could see is they can grow extremely well and shade out other plants but that could be said about lots of favourite species like echinodorus. Personally I like the jungle style look so would happily have them but for the true mini nature aquariums it might be hard to fit it in.

Absolutely love the look of the Red Tiger Lotus but read an article a while back saying they were a nightmare in a normal planted aquarium for a whole host of reasons.

Can someone put me straight as its's years (20+) since I had this beautiful plant in my tank

I keep 2 in my little shallow scape, but I started them from bulbs which took ages. The plus side being you can then keep the leaves small with frequent trimming.
If you have a taller scape they can still be encouraged to grow into a big compact growth, with bigger leaves and varying stem lengths

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back