• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Regulator query

jojouk

Hiya everyone.

I have an Aquamedic regulator, and have been using it with a standard 2kg FE with no issues, apart from the ease of getting the FE refilled in the are I live. It can take up to a week, and I dont have a spare that I can use.

So, I thought I would try a cylinder from Adams Gas, pay a deposit, and the cylinder is yours to use, and whe it runs out, you just pop over to the depot and swap it for a new one.

However, when setting it all up today, the regulator does not seem compatible - in that it is a standard fitting on the cylinder - same dimensions as the FE, but it does not seal properly when the reg is tightened on, it leaks gas, you can hear it hissing from the leak from the main tightening bolt.

When fitting the reg to the cylinder, the nozzle that fits inside the cylinder outlet, where the o ring is on the reg, does not seem to fit as snugly as it does on the FE, which I think is the issue.

Any ideas?

Hi,
You'll need to find out what specifications the Adams Gas valve is. It should be DIN 477 or the British equivalent BS341 to be compatible. co2 info

Cheers,

Hi jojo,
if you've checked the compatability of the reg and cylinder and all is well, it maybe the o ring seal. I had a similar confusing issue with a same size cylinder refill last time i swapped, where like you there was a leak. i returned to the gas supplier to check the cylinder sizes (which were very very marginally different) and took my regulator with me. we tried it again there and hey presto it sealed.... I concluded, rightly or wrongly, that my O ring hadn't had time to regain its structure after compression so hadnt sealed, once a little time had passed it did.....I felt like a bit if a plonker though!
Maybe worth giving it another go just incase.
Cheerio
Ady

Hi, thanks for the replies guys.
I have just checked and the valve is a BS341, so should be compatible. So im thinking it may be the O ring. I hope it is the O ring anyway! It must be the O ring...The reg had been detatched from the FE for a while (maybe 2-3 days) so it should not have been compressed at all...I tried using the O ring from the FE Horn that I had removed, but that was even smaller, and so was useless.
Very annoyingly, the gas supplier does not sell O rings, so im going to have to source them online.

I am assuming not, but do O rings vary in size if they are standard FE ones? Should I source a aquamedic one specifically?

Back