Replacement co2 washers, (FE- Reg)

Discussion in 'Carbon Dioxide (CO2)' started by chris1004, 20 Sep 2009.

1. chris1004

chris1004 Member

Hi all

Recently I went to purchase some washers for attatching my D-D reg to an FE from my LFS. I thought £1 for two washers was a bit steep when I got them from him last time but now they are charging £3 for two washers so I didn't bother. I've tried sourcing the washers elsewhere and have come up with what I think may be a suitable alternative.

As I understand it the material needed for pressurised co2 applications is Nitrile and the washers in question are flat 3/4"x 1/2"x1/8"thick. The washers I have found are Nitrile 19mm x 12mm x 1.2mm and flat, 50off delivered for £6.50, or £75 worth of the ones my LFS are peddaling.

I know there not quite as thick (aprox 1.2mm instaed of 3.2mm) but would this matter? And would it be ok to just put a few of them on to make up the thickness required if it did. I think the two faces (Reg and FE) can be screwed together until they meet with no problem.

I would be very interested in other peoples views / experience and if someone knows where I can source the exact size Nitrile washer that I need without being ripped off that would be a definate bonus.

Regards, Chris.