• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Rocks ok ?

robert2191

Hi i have found these rocks that I would like to use but I don't know what they are called and do not know if they will be safe for my tank
d29ef978ac525148b82d46b82b4f54b7.jpg

If anyone can identify them and let me know if they would be safe to put in would be great
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's difficult to tell for sure, but I'd hazard a guess at some sort of limestone. Try pouring some vinegar on one of them and if it effervesces then limestone it is.
Limestone is safe to use in your tank but it may dissolve and raise TDS.
However, it's not necessarily a problem if you're going to do regular water changes. Quite a few limestone types rocks are popular hardscaping materials because of aesthetics e.g. seiryu stone.

Thanks
I have poured vinegar on it did not seem to do anything

I live in Middlesborough and i got them from a fruit & veg shop
When the dig their veg up and find rocks they sell them cheap so I thought I would get some

Hi Robert ,
Put them in a bucket of water PH test the water then wait 24hrs and test the water again to see if any PH changes .

Hi Robert ,
Put them in a bucket of water PH test the water then wait 24hrs and test the water again to see if any PH changes .

Thanks iv put them in the water but gone away for a few days so will check the water when i get back

Back