• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Roots Dyed Dark - Low Tech Blackwater (updated 08-04-14)

Not good. They must have been in pretty bad shape or bagged too densely as they normally ship pretty well by all accounts (breathe air and cope well with temperature drops).

Yea its a bloody shame mate. It doesn't really say a lot for the exporters either. I guess this kind of stuff happens all the time in the aquarium trade though!?

Bad news Lee.Real shame to read about something like this.Like you and BigTom said above wonder what kind of DOA figures occur in the aquarium trade:(

This is why I use breather bags and ignore folk who say 'but trade don't use them' trade must kill millions of fish.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

This is why I use breather bags and ignore folk who say 'but trade don't use them' trade must kill millions of fish.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
indeed. We probably loose the majority of fish taken from the wild. I wonder what the figure is- 90% death rate?

Right! Ive added some Boraras Maculatus while i'm waiting to get some paro. These little guys are such great fish, full of character and nice to watch. When i got them from my LFS a couple of days ago they were almost white, after being in the tank for a couple of days the males are bright red and seem to be forming temporary territories. I've also seen some courtship displays. No spawning yet though. I guess we will have to wait and see. :) They seem very happy which is comforting, as these little guys come from the same habitats as parosphromenus. :)

That's great lee

My brigittae males do the wiggle dance, but I've yet to see any spawning.

That's great lee

My brigittae males do the wiggle dance, but I've yet to see any spawning.

Haha! Yes mate theres lot of wriggle dancing going on at the minute. There getting lots of live foods (banana worm and micro worm), so hopefully i will see some spawning soon. I'll try to get a video up as soon as i can. :)

A man after my own heart! Glad I found this as also looking to start a Licorice gourami tank. Just bought the tank a few days ago so will hopefully be set by April.
Love the tank, wish I could go as big, seems perfect size

A man after my own heart! Glad I found this as also looking to start a Licorice gourami tank. Just bought the tank a few days ago so will hopefully be set by April.
Love the tank, wish I could go as big, seems perfect size

Thanks a lot, and welcome to UKAPS. You should start a journal, it would be interesting to see how you go about setting your tank up. Which species are you thinking about keeping?

Hahaha! I'm gonna remove the rocks that have been holding the hardscape down this weekend. I also have some cyperus helferi on the way.. So i'll get some updated pics added then. :) Not a lot has happened to be honest, the crypts have all melted away and some new growth is now coming through. The hygrophila pinnatifida
isn't looking to great though. I'm not sure if it is still adjusting to being submerged. I guess time will tell.

Reactions: tim
Ive added some Boraras Maculatus while i'm waiting to get some paro

Hmmm, i have 4 of these that i don't think I should have (bought them a year ago when i was a bit clueless to their requirements). They seem happy enough though, if you find yourself wanting another 4 let me know... :)

Hmmm, i have 4 of these that i don't think I should have (bought them a year ago when i was a bit clueless to their requirements). They seem happy enough though, if you find yourself wanting another 4 let me know... :)

I'm sure they will be fine in your tank mate but if you don't want them i would be happy to take them. :)

Interested to see how your cypress helfri does mate, just added some to my low tech not had much luck with it before low or high tech, looking forward to pics lee.

Thanks Tim. yeah i'm hoping it's gonna do ok. I know some people have had some success with it low tech. I'll let you know how i get on. :)

Reactions: tim
Back