• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Roots tabs

Yes but make sure they are "Osmocote" or one of the 'established' clones like Plantacote. They are cheap and a 1kg bag will last maybe 100 years if you only have a normal sized planted tank (I use them for fertilising my potted plants as well)

For US consumers, the brand name is Osmocote but it might not be as readily available in UK. There is a clone called Plantacote from a company in Netherlands. I'm using Plantacote Triple 14: Plantacote® Triple 14 | PLANTACOTE

Some are concerned that they leach Ammonia in the water column but ultimately whether this is a problem depends on how much you add at one time (and also the depth / CEC of the substrate). If you add a small number of pellets strategically under particular plants and repeat the process every 3 weeks, I think the Ammonia release (if any) is manageable - because the peak Ammonia release is in the first 3 weeks.

You can search "Osmocote" using the search function and read the various discussions with inputs by many knowledgeable UKAPS members.

Yes but make sure they are "Osmocote" or one of the 'established' clones like Plantacote. They are cheap and a 1kg bag will last maybe 100 years if you only have a normal sized planted tank (I use them for fertilising my potted plants as well)

For US consumers, the brand name is Osmocote but it might not be as readily available in UK. There is a clone called Plantacote from a company in Netherlands. I'm using Plantacote Triple 14: Plantacote® Triple 14 | PLANTACOTE

Some are concerned that they leach Ammonia in the water column but ultimately whether this is a problem depends on how much you add at one time (and also the depth / CEC of the substrate). If you add a small number of pellets strategically under particular plants and repeat the process every 3 weeks, I think the Ammonia release (if any) is manageable - because the peak Ammonia release is in the first 3 weeks.

You can search "Osmocote" using the search function and read the various discussions with inputs by many knowledgeable UKAPS members.
Thanks very much for your advise

Back