• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Runners

Congratz! I don't think any external intervention is required. I think you pretty much just leave them to it. The only time that you would do anything is if you want to replant them into a different area, and I would recommend cutting and replanted. Or is they are growing into an area that you don't want them to grow into.

That being said I am still (shock horror!) not a professional. So I will bow to the more experienced.

Is there any thread you won't answer Bob? ;)
(Joke! Just in case it's not obvious.)

I wasn't thinking location specific, but to be fair, they are growing over he edge of a cliff with little chance of rooting in anything solid.

You could bend the runner around in that case and plant the plantlet back into its area. This maybe easier when it gains a little size. You could just snip and replant. The runner should continue after dropping a plantlet and form another a few inches along the runner, which is why I'd leave them to gain some size.

I've got an unidentified Echin species throwing runners all around 1 half of the tank. Seems it wants to be at the front.

Back