• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

s1chris's 675l attempt at keeping plants alive!

Hello, update mainly based on my failings to calculate volume! So I have taken the tank measurements and they are as follows -

208 x 45 x 72 cm so this gives me a volume of 675 litres not the claimed 1000l. :banghead:
Well us men are know for over estimating the size of things ;)

regarding lights I have 60" tubes in the hood with no reflectors. So for the ease of things and to enable me to grow a limited amount of plants low tech style can I replace the tubes with maybe a different colour of light and add the reflectors but while sticking with the current T8 set up?

Cheers Chris

Well I finally have a decent quantity of plant life in the tank. Thanks to Sanj I now have narrow leaf Java Fern and some Bolbitus starting to occupy one end of the set up.

1E98A1C8-CFC6-435C-B2F8-A5A929C93F38-1155-00000151D5A6F52B.jpg

This is far from the final scape and more as a means of getting some plants in and started as soon as possible. Still although randomly sat placed anywhere and waiting for me to change the substrate pre scaping it still looks better than the silk fake jobbies which were there upto two weeks ago. One thing is for sure and that's the fish are visually more happy with their natural type surroundings and all only really patrol the area with natural plants and ignore the other end of the tank.

Cheers Chris

Back