• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Safe levelling methods??

CJM70

So as you know I have recently purchased a previously loved Oase Styleline 85 and cabinet.
Cabinet sits on little feet which are about 2“ x 1“.
The hardwood floor upon which it stands is not entirely level and thus far I have installed it using those little plastic wedges that is used for regular furniture. However I am concerned that it is still not entirely stable.

When the water and scape is fully added I am wondering if the downward pressure will either just seat it nicely, or whether it will actually break the plastic wedges and allow the cabinet and aquarium to topple.
What is a safe way to level this properly? Is there a standard method that aquarists use? In the past I have been lucky enough to have totally level floors but unfortunately that is not the situation at the moment.

Once again I find myself asking for your suggestions, and thank heavens for UKAPS! If there is something suitable on Amazon that you are aware of please send me links so that I can order it ASAP. Thanks 👍👍

If you can take the tank off, I would suggest flipping the cabinet and adding some adjustable feet. If the current feet are 2x1 and wood, you could easily get some that would screw up into them. If plastic, you may need to take the current feet off and replace or place new feet next to them, just make sure the new feet are placed properly to take the downward pressure of the tank weight.

A couple of ideas below if the links work but otherwise, tap adjustable furniture feet into a search and you should get a bunch of options.

I’ve not actually used these on a tank but have on a number of other projects on wonky floors. 😊

They don't interconnect but if you had to put one on top of another (which is highly unlikely) they wouldn't slip.
I just push them in from the front/sides until tank is level, fill up with water, double check the level and if OK just snap them off flush with the foot of the stand using a screwdriver, they are brittle and easily break along the impressions.
Cheers!

They don't interconnect but if you had to put one on top of another (which is highly unlikely) they wouldn't slip.
I just push them in from the front/sides until tank is level, fill up with water, double check the level and if OK just snap them off flush with the foot of the stand using a screwdriver, they are brittle and easily break along the impressions.
Cheers!
Currently the rear of the tank requires 8mm height adjustment. These don’t seem that thick?

Back