• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

saintlys "The Henge"

Mark Evans

Expert
Re: saintlys 60 x 30 x36 optiwhite

thanks guys, early days yet though...

here's some more pics after planting the tenelus.

forground : hc
infront of rocks : p helferi

side of rocks and slightly behind in areas : e tennelus

background (though you cant see it yet) from left to right 3/4 : vivipara

as you can see, ive still yet to put all leads etc inside cabinet. a bit of diy next :D

[
_MG_9820-01.jpg
][/img]
[
_MG_9822-01.jpg
][/img]
[
_MG_9823-01.jpg
][/img]

Mark Evans

Expert

hi pm,

yup the tanks from aqua essentials. quality too! i've opted for the vivipara purley because i grew it in my small arcadia setup, it grew like wildfire. i hope it takes off in this tank too :D

planter my friend, im getting to like you even more with wonderfull comments like that :D seriously, ive got to keep the plants alive first :lol:

johnny70

I love the look, this is going to be a winner when its grown in, beautiful! what the stocking plan fish wise?

JOHNNY

Mark Evans

Expert

seriously guys your too kind, but thanks anyway.

as for fish, well im not to sure to be honest. spmething small for sure. i dont know too much about fish. no doubt i'll see something that amano has used.

defo not cardinals, i reckon they would take away from the look. it needs something that would blend in. open to ideas really. :D

Mark Evans

Expert

ive checked them out aaron, nice looking fish. a tad bulky for my liking. was thinking of something a bit sleaker maybe.

Mark Evans

Expert

cor there beautys. too nice.

i reckon something like, harlequin rasboras. small, slight colour. or harlequintetras.

Mark Evans

Expert

i'll pay them a visit george. im swaying towards harlequin rasboras. nice looking fish.

the other thing. i can now see why these tanks are called "high clarity" simply awsome viewing.

George Farmer

Founder
UKAPS Team

saintly said:
i'll pay them a visit george. im swaying towards harlequin rasboras. nice looking fish.

the other thing. i can now see why these tanks are called "high clarity" simply awsome viewing.
Cool. Try to find Steve (manager) or Kevan ('deputy') and pass on my regards.

Yes, opti-white is something else. It's hard to explain without seeing it in person, especially alongside regular glass.

Mark Evans

Expert

JAmesM said:
I am so damn jealous right now That looks incredible mate, beautiful job

thanks james :D the only thing that makes it looks nice is a lot of home work and looking at amano setups, thats all. oh and a bit of help on plant choice from george ;)

George Farmer said:
Cool. Try to find Steve (manager) or Kevan ('deputy') and pass on my regards.

ive been down today george, its a great shop. spoilt for choice on the fish front. i spotted some white cloud mountain minnows?...i liked these. there were a few other fish that i liked too.

kev was in today, another nice chap we had bit of a chat. past on your regards!

Mark Evans

Expert

saintly said:
Or was it Vietnamese minnows? Check this out - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1228

they had those too. but they werent for sale as yet. they look better in or your images actualy.

George Farmer said:
How was Kev's planted display tank, the 150cm Rena with overtank luminaires, CO2 etc?

yeh, that looked good. he said that was his little baby. i think he said he was going to post on here sometime.

i was amazed to see tropica plants in store and then kev informed me that there starting to stock tropica or at least 6 stores were.. which is a good thing.

George Farmer

Founder
UKAPS Team

saintly said:
i was amazed to see tropica plants in store and then kev informed me that there starting to stock tropica or at least 6 stores were.. which is a good thing.
The nagging pays off eventually... Their plants were poor before I became a regular. :D

Tropica offer free training to LFS staff. More stores should take up the offer. Plants are becoming big business.