• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Schism reimagined...

The scape is very strong i love it, do you glue rocks together ?

Thanks dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Thanks guys :)
Hows the scape going @Tim Harrison
I tore it down on impulse, and binned all the plants; they were in really poor health after their ordeal in the previous scape. Plus version one didn't really hold my attention for long, it was okay but basic ;)
I like this new version! Would be a nice iwagumi 👌🏻
It will be an Iwagumi mostly using mini HG and MC. I've had version two in mind for some time but was held back by trying to recycle the plants :rolleyes:
do you glue rocks together ?
Yes, in this case I had to. I used superglue and cigarette filters. One or two of the rocks would be unstable otherwise; they're at fairly precarious angles to create the look I was after. It's still not exactly how I envisaged it. but as always it's a compromise between the ideal and what's possible with the hardscape I have.

Lovely rock work - looking as masterful as the job you did on The Stump. Also thumbs up to not using the plants you have but rather the ones the scape needs.

Silly question: is the polystyrene tile just to protect the glass while you slide the rocks around for the perfect position, or is it intended to add height and you plan to fill the tank like that?

Thanks Ray :)
Silly question: is the polystyrene tile just to protect the glass while you slide the rocks around for the perfect position, or is it intended to add height and you plan to fill the tank like that?
No such thing as a silly question ;) The answer is both, but mainly to raise the scape. It's amazing how much adding substrate changes the look and feel, and it's easy to loose tension.
With regards protection not so much. I should be more careful I suppose, the tank has taken a battering and I've only used it once or twice :eek:

Adding finishing touches to the rockwork...

49959069628_7e75a4126b_b.jpg

Love it, mc and hg will suit it a treat 👌

Excellent hardscape well done tim

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

At the risk of turning myself into some sort of Tim Harrison fanboy - very nice indeed! Is the purple glow emanating from the crack of doom a short RGB LED strip down the back of the tank?
Haha, thanks Ray. Yes it's an RGB LED strip with a dial to alter the colour. I can't quite stretch to an ADA light screen :cool:
Love it, mc and hg will suit it a treat 👌
Thanks Ady, I was also thinking about adding a few S. repens plants and E. acicularis and maybe some E montevidensis in the back central corners to give a bit more contrast and extra some height.

Thanks @CooKieS and @Deano3.
Can we have a top down view as well?
I'll give it a go later on, see what I come up with ;)

Finally, in a place where I can plant. Bamboo skewers marking out boundaries for different species, MC, stauro, different eleocharis spp. Rotala H ra. and a few bits of Buce mini needle leaf; a few more small epiphytes to follow...

50219029936_ccfe08f219_b.jpg

Looking forward to this one for sure :) stunning rock work! Can you do some hardscape for my 60l? I want @Ray to like me too! ;)

Back