• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

School Boy error with happy ending!

Four week ago without looking into things too much I bought 4 Amano shrimp, I only ever managed to see 1 at any one time then when I took out my internal filter I found two bodies underneath :wideyed: flashing back to when the filter slid of its suckers I pushed it back into the corner I thought no way I've crushed them without knowing :arghh: A week after that I saw what was left of another one by the front glass.
Not being put off by this I bought three more to keep my one survivor company, these I didn't see all week and after another shell turned up yesterday during disturbing things doing a water change I thought to my self something is wrong here. Then last night while heavily under the influence I went to knock off the tank light and couldn't believe my eyes all seven of them marching about as bold as brass I really did have to look twice.

As you all probably know they had been moulting :D if I had bothered to read up on the fish I would have knew.
Anyway just thought I'd share that it made my weekend.

Excellent! :) My toddler calls the shells ghost shrimps.. They do look a bit like the real thing.

haha classic one mate. on the flip side you now have a decent crew!
often they eat their own exoskeletons to gain sme of the nutrients back from it.

I bought some pellets today that have calcium in to help as welll with their shells, I also read they are a good co2 indicator if there's too much they get lethargic and stop grazing so an all round good creature.

Back