• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

seachem % quantity

hasan66

Hi friends, I know I have asked this issue many times, but in the analysis behind Seachem nitrogen, there are percentages as follows: How many grams of nitrate and how many grams of urea are in a 250ml bottle?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-01-01-18-44-17-967_com.facebook.orca.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-01-01-18-44-17-967_com.facebook.orca.jpg
    646.8 KB · Views: 78
1.25 g per 250 mL

(1.25 g urea/250 mL solution) x 100 = 0.5% g/mL urea

edit: sorry, you asked about nitrate too. It's twice as much nitrate as urea by mass, since it's 1% and not 0.5%. Note that they are using potassium nitrate here and this only accounts for the nitrate portion of that.

Last edited:
1.25 g per 250 mL

(1.25 g urea/250 mL solution) x 100 = 0.5% g/mL urea

edit: sorry, you asked about nitrate too. It's twice as much nitrate as urea by mass, since it's 1% and not 0.5%. Note that they are using potassium nitrate here and this only accounts for the nitrate portion of that.
So, it uses 2.5ml 0.92ppm no3 and 0.08ppm no3 equivalent urea in 160 liters, is it true?

IIRC, urea has about twice the equivalent nitrate, so if there's half as much urea the ratio should be close to 1:1. I am pulling this from memory though.

Your total nitrate equivalence is correct as per the bottle.

What are you actually trying to figure out here?

250 mL başına 1,25 g

(1,25 g üre/250 mL çözelti) x 100 = %0,5 g/mL üre

edit: pardon nitratı da sormuştunuz. Kütle olarak ürenin iki katı nitrattır, çünkü %0,5 değil %1'dir. Burada potasyum nitrat kullandıklarını ve bunun yalnızca nitrat kısmını oluşturduğunu unutmayın.

Screenshot_2024-01-01-21-54-49-152_com.android.chrome.jpg
Screenshot_2024-01-01-21-54-49-152_com.android.chrome.jpg
To be precise 10.725g of KNO3 and 4.825g of urea.

I think you already asked this question. Just need to divided it by 2.

Post in thread 'Seachem nitrogen clone help' Seachem nitrogen clone help
John friend, now the gram of urea you gave is 4.825, which is 0.14ppm. I calculated it like this: 0.14x2.0649, to convert it to no3, kno3=0.41ppm, 0.28ppm in urea is no3=0.69ppm, or am I calculating it wrong? 0.41+0.28=0.69 is not 1ppm dose. So I want to make a valuable mixture, that's why I'm asking so many questions.

Math aside, why bother copying Flourish Nitrogen specifically? Seachem wants you to buy all these separate products and that works great for them ($$$), but it's an unnecessary hassle for the user. Now, you can't easily combine everything, but get NPK covered with a single solution at least. There are lots of threads on this if you search.

Math aside, why bother copying Flourish Nitrogen specifically? Seachem wants you to buy all these separate products and that works great for them ($$$), but it's an unnecessary hassle for the user. Now, you can't easily combine everything, but get NPK covered with a single solution at least. There are lots of threads on this if you search.
Like solufeed for example?

Hi all,
Math aside, why bother copying Flourish Nitrogen specifically? Seachem wants you to buy all these separate products and that works great for them ($$$), but it's an unnecessary hassle for the user. Now, you can't easily combine everything, but get NPK covered with a single solution at least.
What @ElleDee says - <"Help with plant care (existing plants)">
Like solufeed for example?
Yes. All potassium (K+) etc. ions <"are the same in solution">.
I'm in the US and that brand is not available here, so I don't have direct experience with it myself
It was just one that was available in the UK. There will be <"commercial hydroponic fertiliser"> mixes available in every country, it is just a case of finding one without too much in the way of <"TAN (NH3/NH4+)">.

cheers Darrel

Back