• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • Most of the remaining team are off on holiday meaning the forum does not have sufficient cover. As such the site will be placed in maintenance mode where it can be viewed but no posts/threads can be made and will remain this way until August 11th, apologies for the inconvience.

Semi DIY

beeky

Would a cheapy regulator from eBay fit a disposable pressurised cylinder like D-D? I thought about DIY but it seems too much hassle to change every week, but I can't afford a full disposable pressurised system. I thought FE but space is limited as it needs to fit in a cabinet (and be hidden away from 3yr old hands!).

I don't have anything at the moment, so I can buy whatever I need. I didn't want to get a cheap reg from eBay and then find it wouldn't be compatible with a disposable canister. If I get that adapter then I should be OK whatvever reg I get?

beeky

That adapter will only convert a disposable reg to a refillable.
Their are no convertors available to convert a refillable to disposable.

In all honesty, Id steer clear of disposable systems entirely as theyre extremely expensive to run on any decent sized tank. A refillable system, which is what im guesing you meant, isnt that expensive, you can always get a solenoid later and just turn the co2 off/on by hand, or do as some do and leave it on 24/7 at lower levels. the regulators for disposable/refillable systems are very similar in price anyway.. then all you have to do is find a cheap fire extinguisher off ebay, should be about £30.

If you dont already have the D-D system, id be wary, I had 2 before i knew what i was doing and both were faulty, dumping the entire cylinder over night. and were very expensive for the build quality.

you should be able to get a regulator for about £65-£75 depending on where you shop. there are often some good deals on ebay, BigDanne got an entire system for bugger all!

so, reg £70, cylinder, £30.. and some kind of reactor/diffuser.. all in all, about the same price as a £100 D-D system.

I'd like to go FE as it seems the cheapest way, but I haven't got the space for 2' cylinder. Hence the disposable option as they're smaller (or seem to be).

If I can get an FE that's about 12" max then that'd be perfect.

Back