• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Sensations of Red - close to finish images

Maintenance day
va8atu9e.jpg

Post trim
ynavumer.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This tank is almost complete and ready for rescape in a few weeks.
Been giving it a tidy up today and trying to capture a few images.
Just need to think what fish will suit for a final picture.... all ideas welcome.

during water change
11714287364_c550d2a4f0_b.jpg
IMG_3915 by iainsutherland24, on Flickr

11714172953_4d6757009d_b.jpg
sensations of red by iainsutherland24, on Flickr

11714285704_fa422047ba_b.jpg
IMG_3932 by iainsutherland24, on Flickr

quite like this image as shows a good few different textures...
11714172133_fb7e41730c_b.jpg
textures by iainsutherland24, on Flickr

and one mucking around
11714174223_0c368196c3_b.jpg
IMG_3926 by iainsutherland24, on Flickr

I'm actually quite sad to pull this one down as think it has ended up quite nice, its also works really well to have a tank with lots of colour next to the big tanks all greens.

Hope you like :)

Could it possibly be that your Mac screen is far superior?

For the record that was hard for me to say as I don't like apple but I know they use good screens.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

okay. How are you getting your reds so... Er.. Red? Are we talking light intensity, or something else? My ' alt mini' is more orange, with a hint of green.

Not bad for Stu Worral's pics ; )

Love it mate, my vote goes for x-Ray tetras...

Stu took his pics??? Iain you cheat ha ha ;)

Not sure how you could pull that down really. I think ember tetras would fit perfectly in that set up. Especially with the reds and oranges at the back and a white back ground

thanks for all the suggestions and comments guys.

my vote goes for x-Ray tetras...
very real possibility Ian.

Threat fin rainbows....
something i hadnt considered and may work very well, cheers.

okay. How are you getting your reds so... Er.. Red? Are we talking light intensity, or something else? My ' alt mini' is more orange, with a hint of green.
well i can say for sure its not iron!! at least iron alone. I was dosing 5x the weekly amount of iron suppliment for 3 weeks and it made no change at all.
Light seems to be the driving factor in this tank and with these plants, as when i couldnt maintain so much i lift the light a bit and the R.mini started to orange more. I have seen that the ludwigia can go totally scarlet though so the last week or two of this tanks life i will drop the lights down to water level and cranked up the co2.
All after getting a final image and giving the fish back, see what happens...

Stu took his pics??? Iain you cheat ha ha ;)

Not sure how you could pull that down really. I think ember tetras would fit perfectly in that set up. Especially with the reds and oranges at the back and a white back ground

Ha i wish he had, just the copyrights set in the camera.
I did try embers several weeks back as was thinking the same, they got a bit lost in the reds though so took them out again.

thanks michael, kitty's are nice and would suit it well but i think finding them would be a problem and im would guess that they would take a few weeks to settle and colour up. Unfortunately i need a 'quick win' fish as will only be in the tank a couple of days before breakdown.

thanks stu, its been a cool tank to run. Its had all sorts of abuse and not having fauna for the last few months of its life has meant i could do as i please fixing issues. Its also my first stems ive managed to 'bush'.

was going to send you a pm actually... when i put the images on photoshop they have started popping up as RGB rather than one image as they used to... not sure if thats what you meant. Would that be a camera setting or PS??
cheers

Back