• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

sera co2 tabs

markj

Hi as anybody used these type of products if so how good are they
cheers mark

Root tabs are not that useful if your using the EI method.
I bought a few from our sponsors just to add the more difficult types of plants to grow as I hadn't put in a substrate.
Plants are looking healthy.

i am looking for a easy system for my setup the tank with sump holds 280l in total

Any ideas on whats a good system as i have just started out on the planted tank road the tank is 27inch long 22inch deep 22inch high
:crazy:

Build your own pal. A lot cheaper. Start off with a fire extinguisher, 2kg or 5kg. I use a pub style cylinder. Then ya need a regulator. I use the TMC dual gauge reg, was only £70 and its class. Then some CO2 tubing to a bubble counter, then to your chosen method of diffusion.

If you have an external filter, I'd recommend a reactor.

Cheers martin i dont have a external filter my filter is a sump with media in it

Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk 2

With what Martin mentioned invest in some dry salts. Check the tutorial section for E.I Dosing.
You can buy a starter kit for about 18 quid from APF.
Are you going high tech?

No i wont be going hi tech just want a nice little setup thats all:)

Plenty guides on here pal about setting up. Plants need macro and trace ferts, light and co2. Guides on it all on here. It's helped me a lot!!

Those ceramic diffusers do u only run it when you have the lights on

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

If you're going to dose co2 then it means you're going hi-tech.
So to stay low, you'd only need to dose the tank with the dry salts - i believe.

No pal. Ya would have co2 running a couple hours before lights on so its at the optimum concentration when they come on. It would then go off a couple hours before lights off. This all needs tweaked to give best results depending on your tank and injection rate etc.

I use a reactor and mine comes on 4 hours before lights on, so the drop checker is lime green when they come. Goes off 3 before.

I think Clive mentioned that any dosing of co2 would automatically turn a tank hi-tech (even LC)
Not to sure though that dosing ferts would put the tank in to the hi-tech region, could someone confirm?

Lights are lights, unless you want to be looking at ya tank in the tank....just keep the light wattage low - hehe

Thanks for all your replys my head is spinning just been reading up on co2 loss with having a sump so am i wasting my time with the idea :(

Back