• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Sera external reactor

mdhardy01

Hi guys quick question
have got said reactor would it be ok to add some media
to aid co2 breakup in the chamber or is it not worth it?
It uses impellers and vortex to breakup gas but I still get a fair
amount escape into tank.
Many thanks in advance
matt

mdhardy01 said:
Hi guys quick question
have got said reactor would it be ok to add some media
to aid co2 breakup in the chamber or is it not worth it?
It uses impellers and vortex to breakup gas but I still get a fair
amount escape into tank.
Many thanks in advance
matt

Matt
Personnel I would leave it as it is - it was meant to have media within the reactor Sera would have added it in from day one. I assume that you are getting a tank full of bubbles and as you state "I still get a fair amount escape into the tank" could it be that you are injecting to much gas and the reactor cannot cope with said amount. Initially I was using a Dennerle ladder system - ok a 2 or 3 bps, the bubble reduced in their size as they climbed the ladder any increase in bps the ladder was to short and the bubbles did not decrease in there size, the JBL system work on the same principle upside down helter-skelter, they also sell extension pieces to there system to lenghten the skelter to ensure the gas is mixed better as it travels up through the skelter.

It might be that you need a larger reactor to come with the amount of gas being injected.

Regards
Paul

Hi Paul thanks for the Reply
I'm not getting a tank full of bubbles but some
just like playing about with new equipment to see if it can be improved
for my specific needs.
But think you are right and should leave it alone. Was just curious though
as to what others thought.
Thanks matt

Back