• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Seve golfing Legend.

G H Nelson

Global Moderator
UKAPS Team
There's a few golfers within the ukaps.
:(
Very sad news that the golfing genius/legend/maestro and the passionate exponent of European golf has passed away.
I feel for the man and his family ......the long battle with a brain tumor finally took its toll.

Seve Ballesteros was not only a world class golfer he was a world class man and a true gentleman.
His passion for the game was limitless....it ran through his body like electricity....It must have been so frustrating for him when he retired from the professional game due to a recurring back problem.Seve was a courageous battler on the course and off and this was displayed when he was diagnosed with that tumor.Sadly he lost that battle.

I had the privilege to watch him play and he was everything that I imagined and more...he walked like a man who was on a air cushion, there was a buzz even from his fellow pros if Seve was playing in the competition. Most would pray that they would be paired up with the great man.
Then they could say later in-life that they played with the charismatic Seve.His appeal was unparalleled in sport.

Golf is not only about striking a ball and getting into a small white cup....there's so much more to the game and Seve was the man to leave us with unique images of that golf....he was unbelievably gifted player but that all came from blood sweat and tears and through thousands of hours of practice.
I will miss him personally with millions of golfers across the globe........... and non golfers will too.
God bless him.
hoggie

Back