• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Shoaling fish suggestions

Hi all,
I always found it interesting that when I had a lot of floating plants me ember tetras change behaviour. Much of the threat fish perceive seems top be from above.
The difference is absolutely <"chalk and cheese">. I really feel sorry for small fish in iwagumis etc. and I still think about @Dr Mike Oxgreen's <"innovative approach"> in <"What's wrong with my chili rasboras?">.

........ But I now think the real key is surface cover. It seems that chillies don't like open surface. The challenge for me now is to find a way of pruning the hornwort so that it provides fairly thick surface cover but doesn't block your view into the tank..........

2c8ad3d0-a880-47c2-b1ba-66f5cd0c28d1_1-jpg.jpg

cheers Darrel

Yes Darrel, I started to type that, then bit my tongue! Fish must be terrified to be trapped in a glass device with light pouring in the sides, a carpet, some wood covered with moss, bright light above, and no floating plants. They must feel like constant targets. "Help ... blahblahblahblah ... but hey, nice carpets"

Back