• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

short term co2 injection?

humdingerx

I was wondering what would happen if I used co2 just for a few months to help plants grow, and then phased it out? The plants aren't hugely demanding ones but I'd like to grow them out a bit then make it a low tech tank. Would there be any big problem phasing out the co2?

So moving from co2 plus daily ferts to no co2 plus weekly ferts? And changing light period

Can create problems, plants become accustomed to co2 levels, you will need to back the co2 off slowly whilst reducing the intensity of the lights to minimise impact on the plants IME, you can also use the dry start method to increase plant mass depending on the type of plants your using, keep light intensity low and water changes frequent for a few weeks once the tank is filled.

What you shouldnt do is alternate between co2 and no co2 periods. Although its possible, but I wouldnt really recommend it. it takes a lot for plants to adapt. Youll be better off buying a few more plants from the begining imho.

What you shouldnt do is alternate between co2 and no co2 periods. Although its possible, but I wouldnt really recommend it. it takes a lot for plants to adapt. Youll be better off buying a few more plants from the begining imho.

I will probably inject for a long time yet as I've a 5kg fire extinguisher and a local source for more of them, but just in case decide to ease off it at a later date.

I thought it's better/safe to turn off the co2 at night though? Like an hour before lights out and turn on 2 hours before lights on?

Back