• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

should i mix my own ferts?

Hi pest control

pest control said:
EDIT: i've just thought. could my brother use the same dosage as me? his tank is 120l (juwel lido 120) with 1.5 wpg of t5, and no co2. he is dosing the same TPN+ as me ATM, so could he dose the same EI?
Of course he can :D. That's the beauty of this system.
Just bear in mind the figures quoted above are for your tank (216l), therefore for a 120l you would reduce the amount of powders in the mix by approximately half. No need to be mega precise. If your brother is not running CO2 then a dose half the strength of yours should be more than enough.
Altenatively, mix up the batch for yourself and let your brother use the same solution, just make sure he doses half the amount you do. Saves making up two different strength batches.

hi, i've finally got my EI powders. :D it took ages to persuade my parents that i'm not going to blow them up with the chemicals. :lol: i would just like to recap.

do i do a 50% water change on the Sunday, and then dose the macro on mon, tues and wed, and dose the trace on tues and thurs? also, can i put in the macro at the same time as the trace, or do i have to wait a while between the 2?

cheers :thumbup:

pest control said:
hi, i've finally got my EI powders. :D it took ages to persuade my parents that i'm not going to blow them up with the chemicals. :lol: i would just like to recap.

do i do a 50% water change on the Sunday, and then dose the macro on mon, tues and wed, and dose the trace on tues and thurs? also, can i put in the macro at the same time as the trace, or do i have to wait a while between the 2?

cheers :thumbup:

Pesty

Horah at last.

Dosing regime
50 % wc - Sunday
NPK - Sunday
Trace - Monday
NPK - Tuesday
Trace Wednesday
NPK - Thursday
Rest days - Friday & Saturday
50% wc - Sunday & dose again.

Regards
Paul.

Flyfisherman said:
Pesty

Horah at last.

Dosing regime
50 % wc - Sunday
NPK - Sunday
Trace - Monday
NPK - Tuesday
Trace Wednesday
NPK - Thursday
Rest days - Friday & Saturday
50% wc - Sunday & dose again.

Regards
Paul.

Hi Paul, tell me about it. i've been fighting for my ferts for months! :lol:

cheers for the dosing regime. and all of the other stuff you've helped me with. without you i'd still be dosing TPN+ :woot:

i'm off to mix my ferts now. ;)

hi, i've just mixed the ferts, and i'm just checking i've done it right (which i'm sure i have). should the NPK be colourless, and the trace be a reddish orange?

cheers :D

pest control said:
hi, i've just mixed the ferts, and i'm just checking i've done it right (which i'm sure i have). should the NPK be colourless, and the trace be a reddish orange?

cheers :D

Yes mate

Regards
Paul.

Back