• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Show your house plants

Tim Harrison

Administrator
UKAPS Team
Thought I’d start a thread for members to showcase their house plants. I’ll start with the latest addition to the collection, an alocasia. Spotted it in IKEA and couldn’t resist; it’s an amazing looking plant.

IMG_8442.jpeg

Difficult to keep in prime condition!
However a lot of these exotic plants cost less than a bunch of flowers and will last at least twice as long!
That’s for sure, only £9.00. I leave the plants to my wife, she somehow has the knack. All our plants seem to thrive on healthy neglect.

I only have a couple small peace lily's, I want a decent sized plant in the living room that's easy to grow and doesn't cost a fortune, any idea's would be appreciated as I'm not clued up on house plants.

@PARAGUAY How are suspending the plant in the aquarium? I want to try something similar.

@FrozenShivers believe it or not your small peace lily could grow quite large, depending on cultivar. The one below was tiny, I think it came in a 4inch pot. A good few years later it stands over 3 feet tall and just as wide.

IMG_8445.jpeg

But there are so many to choose from. It’d be great if this thread gets going then it could be used as a source of ideas. But in the meantime this might help

@FrozenShivers believe it or not your small peace lily could grow quite large, depending on cultivar. The one below was tiny, I think it came in a 4inch pot. A good few years later it stands over 3 feet tall and just as wide.

View attachment 215134

But there are so many to choose from. It’d be great if this thread gets going then it could be used as a source of ideas. But in the meantime this might help

Thank you! True I could repot one of them and put them in the living room, they're currently in my office/fish tank room so they grow purely from my aquarium light as my blinds are always closed :)

I only have a couple small peace lily's, I want a decent sized plant in the living room that's easy to grow and doesn't cost a fortune, any idea's would be appreciated as I'm not clued up on house plants.

@PARAGUAY How are suspending the plant in the aquarium? I want to try something similar.

It's loosely on a piece of bogwood but the roots are growing through filter floss helping hold it ,it was originally a small plant placed in cheap plastic caddy hanging on glass edge of another aquarium, but moved it because (as it grew )of blocking light on the aquatic plants. So you can place on wood in the gaps ,gently thread root system through, thoroughly was soil off though

It's loosely on a piece of bogwood but the roots are growing through filter floss helping hold it ,it was originally a small plant placed in cheap plastic caddy hanging on glass edge of another aquarium, but moved it because (as it grew )of blocking light on the aquatic plants. So you can place on wood in the gaps ,gently thread root system through, thoroughly was soil off though

Thank you! :)

Back