• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • Most of the remaining team are off on holiday meaning the forum does not have sufficient cover. As such the site will be placed in maintenance mode where it can be viewed but no posts/threads can be made and will remain this way until August 11th, apologies for the inconvience.

Show your orchids!

Hi all,
This pot was where I stored some "spare" Dendrobium pseudobulbs (<"D. kingianum"> & <"D. x delicatum">). I never did anything with them, other than totally neglected them, but they are looking very smart.

IMG_20240322_153555572_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20240322_153605888.jpg

Cheers Darrel

Last edited:
Jackson Pollock orchids. Why?
Because some muppet will pay $25 for it. 😆

It's the "New" botanical art.... spend 5 minutes (or less) slapping paint on a flower & sell it for an exorbitant amount!
If the orchid survives & flowers again they will be completely white! 🙄
Sometimes I feel like giving up 😟 🎨

Here’s a Vanda orchid flower…
I added this plant to my Jungle Puddle in the hope it would do well.
Once I got back from the garden centre the flowers went a little limp and faded and I thought they would drop immediately. To my surprise they became reinvigorated and lasted another 6 weeks which is quite good I think. From what I have read the flowers last between 1-3 months and I don’t know how long the plant was in bloom before I purchased so I was really happy. They have dropped now but they made for a really striking image….

29C6F873-8092-4DA8-8475-36B383297AB2.jpeg

The plant itself has dropped a few leaves which dried and browned at the base near the stem. I have began feeding with an orchid fertiliser 1x per week when I soak the roots with water from the puddle. Things seem to be improving with no further leaf casualties and a little growth of new leaves also 😁💚
I hope to get flowers next year 🌺🤞🏻

Greetings from Ukraine!

why not combine 2 favourite hobbies?
In autumn 2020 I tried to rescue a dying phalaenopsis by putting it in my blackwater biotope aquarium.
Now it is a beautiful healthy plant with strong roots and grows on the emersed part of the driftwood.
It regularly blooms twice a year in March and October and requires totally no care!
_VSH3783.jpg

Back