• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Shrimp tank (no name yet lol )

Jon1706

Its been a while since i posted but i have new tank now,this one is going to before shrimps only. Having need kept shrimps this is going to be fun. I would like to thank Gill for his journal ( viewtopic.php?f=35&t=13047&start=0 ) and George Farmer for the picture he posted on Gill journal i kind of used them as a guide to how i wanted my tank to look. I'm not going to use stem plants i was thinking just moss.
I used 2m gravel for the sub and placed broken bits of slate over the top and in the corner, The lighting comes from a 20w halogen desk lamp i was hoping this be ok to grow moss with as i believe the tank is only around 12 ltr. I'm using a airpump filter as i had a airpump which i thought would be ok for the shrimps as they dont need a high turn over ? and i will be adding a little nano heater next week.
Here is a two pics not very good i was using my cam on my phone lol but you get the idea lol

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

Thank you for looking.
Jon

Looking Good, You have Used Blue/Purple Shale. Did want to use that myself, but used what i had in the garden. It does look very nice, Might have to get a few peices to use in mine.

And Don't worry about a heater, If you are going to have Cherry, CRS etc. They really don't need one, Room temp is fine.

its mixed blue and purple but thats all i could get from the garden centre but there is more purple then blue in there. Not sure on the kinds of moss i want yet, what i want is it to look like grass growing throw the rocks and slate. And thank you for the tip on the heater just saved me some money.

Back