• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Silly CO2 Question

MaterialCrab

Hi All,

I've installed a CO2 system in my tank, the diffuser is placed on the opposite side of my outflow.

I'm running an fx4 on a 65g tank with the flow slightly turned down.

The CO2 bubbles are not reaching the opposite side of the tank, however the drop checker which is placed underneath the outflow and on the opposite side of the diffuser is still turning green.

If my drop checker is green are we good? Or do the bubbles need to be dispersed all over the tank?

A photo of the setup.

1000021182.jpg

Bubbles are irrelevant; you’re not concerned with undissolved CO2 other than it representing a loss of efficiency.

If the fluid is green, you’ve theoretically achieved whatever concentration your specific fluid is designed to indicate. Some are 20ppm, some 25, some 30.

Personally, I’d build a Cerges and run the filter full tilt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bubbles are irrelevant; you’re not concerned with undissolved CO2 other than it representing a loss of efficiency.

If the fluid is green, you’ve theoretically achieved whatever concentration your specific fluid is designed to indicate. Some are 20ppm, some 25, some 30.

Personally, I’d build a Cerges and run the filter full tilt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had to research what a Cerges was and I certainly won't rule it out. I'm still trying to grasp the basics of a planted tank.

Fish, no problem, kept them for 15 years, this side is all new to me.

Back